Calls going straight to voicemail

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
fl00b
Calls going straight to voicemail

Post by fl00b » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:40 am

I've been having issues with calls going straight to voicemail while my home phone will never ring. I have a lot of family that live outside of the US (mainly Greece and Australia) and it seems to happen mostly to them. The calls from Australia seem to almost always go straight to voicemail. I have a 50 megabit internet connection, so that is not the problem. We very rarely fully saturate our connection, so it isn't an issue with someone constantly downloading huge files and starving the Ooma of the bandwidth it needs. I live in North Carolina, so do you think this could be related to the East Coast vs West Coast server problem a lot of people keep talking about? Any help is appreciated!

TonyW

Re: Calls going straight to voicemail

Post by TonyW » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:17 am

Premier customer, by any chance? If so, check out your config here:

https://my.ooma.com/preferences/call_blocking

& see if any enabled blocking feature is set to 'Send to Voicemail'.

If these settings don't address the issue, you MAY need to contact support.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:17 am

please provide a call example

krakhauspete

Post by krakhauspete » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:59 am

There is another thread that could be related to this, as it helped me. From Robek "A purple logo means "Do Not Disturb"; send all calls directly to voicemail. To disable it, press and hold for two seconds either the "envelope?" button (for older models) or the fast-forward button (for newer models), or press the DND button on an HD2/HD3 handset, or dial *79 from a handset connected to the PHONE port."