Dropped calls

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
TradArchitect
Dropped calls

Post by TradArchitect » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:58 pm

We signed up with Ooma in Dec and have since been experiencing dropped calls on phone calls lasting for more than 30 minutes. I have called Ooma support many times and they keep telling me it has something to do with our internet speed. I checked and we do have faster-than-average internet speed so obviously that is not the issue. If anyone can assist in resolving this issue or point me in the right direction where to get help, we'd be very grateful!

rmk9785e

Re: Dropped calls

Post by rmk9785e » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:14 pm

You are not alone in this. I had 3 dropped calls today. It's highly frustrating and makes one long for he good old days of POTS.

Cascade Design

Post by Cascade Design » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:54 am

We are also experiencing dropped calls, but primarily on transfer. I am not seeing that on the forum. Does anyone else have this same issue? Or any advice?

We will pick up the call, hit transfer, dial our interior line, talk to the interior person, hit transfer again and then the line drops.

Hamid

Post by Hamid » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:59 am

Same here, inbound or outbound -> Calls breakup/garbled and sometimes drop altogether.
I am not sure why Ooma is not paying any attention and I am sure there are thousand other frustrated customers who are not in this forum.
I bought mine from Costco in Canada and will return it back and comment on the product if its not resolved soon.