All calls dropping with busy signal after 20 to 30 minutes

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
ticotexas
All calls dropping with busy signal after 20 to 30 minutes

Post by ticotexas » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:08 pm

All our calls, both incoming and outgoing, are dropping with a busy signal on our end and silence on the other party's end after 20 to 30 minutes. Time seems to vary, but calls definitely drop at least by 30 minutes, plus a handful of seconds, assumed to be the length of time it takes for us to dial a number, like 30:07.

This never happened before about 3 to 4 weeks ago, so I know my setup previously was causing no issue. Nothing has changed.

I've called customer support and technical support seven times now. Each time, they "definitely" seem to know the "magic solution" they need to apply on their end. But it doesn't help. Others pass me to a higher level of support who also definitely know the magic solution, which never helps. One blames it on my internet service provider.

We are using a telo and I've tried a variety of phones plugged straight into the device, including a princess phone. I've tried putting the telo after the router, upstream of the router, and right into the modem. Same issue. I've set QOS to my maximum speeds 30kbps download and 5kbps upload. I've tried a variety of cords and phone jacks. I've tried my factory reset from setup.ooma.com, and support has tried factory resets. There are no DECT devices.

Does this mean my telo is bad? I don't know what else to try. Any advice would be appreciated.

thunderbird

Re: All calls dropping with busy signal after 20 to 30 minutes

Post by thunderbird » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:22 pm

It sometimes means that Ooma has a routing issue.

RandyinDFW

Post by RandyinDFW » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:19 pm

It appears to me that Ooma is having some service issues. Hopefully they will get them worked out soon. I have been having dropped calls for about 8 weeks now. I have been with Ooma for 7 years and the service has been excellent. During the past 8 weeks I have been speaking with Ooma about dropped calls many times now (Calls have even dropped when speaking with them). I have an IP phone for my work on the same router (ATT) and it functions without issue even when Ooma is dead. So I have jumped through a lot of hoops trouble shooting the issue and today installed a new Telo device which I had high hopes for. Unfortunately the first call was dropped. I have eliminated everything on my end as a possible issue it seems - my other VoIP works just fine when Ooma drops out for brief periods of time.

ticotexas

Post by ticotexas » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:28 am

@RandyinDFW: Same here, nothing has changed with my setup...then all of a sudden, the calls started dropping. Recently, they sold me a new Telo, stating that my old Telo must be bad, since none of their other troubleshooting helped. Well, just like you, my new Telo is dropping calls too. By chance, is your ISP AT&T? I wondered if they can somehow sniff that I am using a competitor's VoIP.