Call Quality

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Pluton26
Call Quality

Post by Pluton26 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:51 am

I purchased a Ooma Telo a few months back and at the start of the first week it seemed fine for what we needed and now when we go to use the service it is constantly breaking up the conversation and the far end keeps saying "are you there", people are telling us that our voices are garbled at times, almost like we are underwater. We can hear them just fine, but they can't hear us clearly. What can be done to improve the call quality? We have Great Internet service in our area 25Down/2Up. Any thoughts? I have seen some people say that getting Ooma to move them to a different server has fixed the issue????.
I have also gone into my router and turned off AGI Sip and was changing some settings hopefully to increase better service. Still no luck had a friend call late last night and tried to talk to them for about an hour and was asked several times if i was still there.

please help don't feel like kicking it to the curb yet.

TC

Rockhound

Re: Call Quality

Post by Rockhound » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:52 am

Same problem here. Frankly it's ridiculous to read all these long and elaborate reboot router, then plug in, then boot phone, then reboot all, etc. It's 2018 for crying out loud.

Anyways, rant aside, my phone cuts out for a second or so many times on a call....5 times in a minute, on that order. I am on a AT&T DECT 6.0 speakerphone plugged into Telo. It all sounds fine on my end but I sound like a buffoon to coworkers and clients.

I'll report back if I find any solution.

Rockhound

Re: Call Quality

Post by Rockhound » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:33 am

Also happens on speakerphone on my HD2 handset.