Calls to India - rings take a while and poor quality

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
indiacaller
Calls to India - rings take a while and poor quality

Post by indiacaller » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:29 am

I moved recently from Vonage which I had for 10 years and recently moved to Ooma thinking that it will be better with lower cost. To my surprise the call quality to India is not good at all.

I am in PA and not sure if my account needs to be moved to East Coast Server as I see in many forum posts requesting such

- Many times the ring goes for long time but the other party is not hearing the rings.
- They see different caller ID at times and not sure who is calling from US and not answering the calls
- Call quality is not good at all. With Vonage it was great. I regret moving out and thinking to switch back

I have my Telo device on the router and have very good bandwidth. Calls within US is OK.

Anyone else having similar problems ?. Anyone came from Vonage or other phone service getting this working good ?

I am going to all their support but wanted to get some additional opinion to see if this is something I need to keep

kingcalling

Re: Calls to India - rings take a while and poor quality

Post by kingcalling » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:21 am

I am in exactly in the same situation as you are. Though I am from Canada.
I was also using some other VOiP provider for the last eight year. I was also trapped by by online marketing and cheaper prices. Similar issues faced:
- Keeps on ringing and difficult to identify whether it is false call or actually the call is going through
- Caller ID is random when I make calls to India, it can be from any state in India....even from some business name
- Quality deteriorates many a times during the call
- call disconnects in between
I called the Ooma customer service today and they told me that they can not guarantee correct call id to the recipient.
Really disappointed with the service quality. Honestly I had expected much better service based on all the service quality ranking they boast about.