OOMA and SQM QOS Settings

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
drsethsr
OOMA and SQM QOS Settings

Post by drsethsr » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi,

I am getting my internet through a Sprint 4G LTE Mini-PCI-e Card (MC7455 Sierra Wireless) that is installed internally in a ZBT WG3526 Router that is flashed with a version of LUCI. What settings should I use to allow for the least amount of bufferbloat/delay in phone calls?

ROOter ZBT-WG3526 GoldenOrb_ Build 2017-12-15
Status
System
Modem
Services
Network
Interfaces
Wireless
Switch
Guest Wifi
DHCP and DNS
Hostnames
Static Routes
Diagnostics
Firewall
DNSmasq IP-Set
Wake on LAN
SQM QoS
Load Balancing
Logout
Smart Queue Management
With SQM you can enable traffic shaping, better mixing (Fair Queueing), active queue length management (AQM) and prioritisation on one network interface.

Queues
DELETE
Basic Settings Queue Discipline Link Layer Adaptation

Enable this SQM instance.Interface nameDownload speed (kbit/s) (ingress) set to 0 to selectively disable ingress shaping:
Upload speed (kbit/s) (egress) set to 0 to selectively disable egress shaping:
Create log file for this SQM instance under /var/run/sqm/${Inerface_name}.debug.log. Make sure to delete log files manually.Verbosity of SQM's output into the system log.

ADD

SAVE & APPLY SAVE RESET