Breaking up when calling

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
mmwong
Re: Breaking up when calling

Post by mmwong » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:19 am

add me to the list.
all calls, going in and out, are choppy and breaking up so bad. it has been for over a week now.
ooma tech support, can you plz help?

Allan Goldthorpe

Post by Allan Goldthorpe » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Me too. All the same issue(s) for quite some time now. I've actually resorted to routing my calls in and out thru my cellphone after I've tried to send/receive thru Ooma. VERY disappointed.

MrDoh

Post by MrDoh » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:35 pm

Okay, after calling support a couple of times about this, and having them tell me that it was fixed for sure the second time that I called, I finally got tired of hearing about our calls breaking up on the other end of the calls. Moved to a different VoIP service. Doesn't have this call quality problem, so we'll see how things go over time with them.

I'd be fine getting rid of our "home" phone line anytime, our cell phones work great, but my wife insists on having a "home" phone.

By the way, the calls to Ooma support weren't fun. They're wearing headsets I'm sure, so their lack of directional telephone microphones didn't bother them in the boiler room environment that they apparently are using. But for me, on the customer end, it was like being on the phone with a hundred people at the same time. Very noisy and hard to listen to...just one more reason why I was done calling Ooma support.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:03 pm

MrDoh, I'm curious about which VOIP service you are now using. Do you mind sharing?
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions