Breaking up when calling

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Sunshar
Breaking up when calling

Post by Sunshar » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:19 pm

Frequently I am told my call is breaking up, intermittent problem, I am afraid to answer or call using ooma. I can hear caller or called person clearly. Also when I make a call I don't hear person who answers say hello. Intermittent breakup is recent, not hearing hello is long standing. I've been customer since 2011.

rlcoard

Re: Breaking up when calling

Post by rlcoard » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:36 pm

Add me to the list. Calls keep breaking up. I'm using a wired network connection to a fast and reliable cable modem hookup also. HELP

oostburg

Post by oostburg » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:08 am

Same here. Tech support is useless. First 5 years were great, but I cannot continue to deal with this shoddy service...

MtView

Post by MtView » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:07 pm

Same here. They obviously have a problem and are unable to fix it. I'm beginning to look for alternatives.

C M

Post by C M » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:30 am

Experiencing these same issues for almost 2 months now. On most phone calls, Ooma will just start blinking red, then I lose the phone call. Happens every day all the time whether I am outgoing or incoming using the Ooma handset or my own. Hardwired modem/router combo with 200mbps. I've already called tech support who "increased my bandwidth" two weeks ago. Hasn't made a difference. I unplug my device every time after this happens. Looking at alternatives and going to ask for a refund.

cbreeze

Post by cbreeze » Fri May 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Include me in this problem.
Have been a customer for years and just in the last 4 months people tell me my call is breaking up.

MrDoh

Post by MrDoh » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:40 pm

I'm hearing this from the people that I call on Ooma as well. Strong internet, works well, and Ooma is on a wired connection. However, I'm usually told that I'm breaking up, even though everything sounds good on my end. In fact, I called Ooma support at one point using Ooma phone service, and they told me that I was breaking up badly. They sounded fine. Great stuff, love it.

Starting to shop around...only been using Ooma for a couple of months now, but have a couple of hundred dollars sunk into it and am not happy with the reports I'm getting on my call quality.

Is there anything being done by Ooma about this? Or just collecting money and the call quality is whatever it is? When I find a reasonable alternative, I'll be gone in a flash, along with the money I've been paying to Ooma for VoIP service.

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:03 am

In my case this problem was caused by a failing cable modem.
Run the HTML5 version of this test.
All of the indicator icons should be green.

http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

MrDoh

Post by MrDoh » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:07 pm

Good thought, except I don't have a cable modem. We have fiber internet, so have an ONT and fiber gateway instead of a cable modem. Works great, most stable and consistent internet I've ever had.

mmwong

Post by mmwong » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:19 am

add me to the list.
all calls, going in and out, are choppy and breaking up so bad. it has been for over a week now.
ooma tech support, can you plz help?