ooma lags when connecting incoming calls

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
vernonls
ooma lags when connecting incoming calls

Post by vernonls » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:29 am

When I receive incoming calls, many times my caller does not hear me say hello. They think I have hung up on them. This started about a year ago when ooma did some sort of software upgrade. Once calls are connected they seem to be fine, but this is an annoyance to me and to my callers. Can you help?

ramysr

Re: ooma lags when connecting incoming calls

Post by ramysr » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:01 am

I have also experienced the problem you described. Most of the time when we answer an incoming call we have to say hello 2-3 times before the caller heard us. It can be very frustrating.

oostburg

Post by oostburg » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:07 am

Same issue here. We have decided to pull the plug on Ooma, just too many problems in the last 6 months or so. First 5 years were great.

vernonls

Post by vernonls » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:22 pm

OK, well I finally got help from ooma. After the first level tech support asked me to repeat steps I had already done (unplug my phones, unplug the ooma box, reduce my Internet devices to one), she finally escalated the call to second tier support. They called back and finally said they would switch me to a different server. Once they did so, the problem disappeared.

Like any tech support service, they have junior idiots manning the first tech support lines and so you just have to fight through that level any way you can. Once the second level got involved it was quickly fixed.

Guess I will keep them.

vern