Quality issues to delay issues.

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Mac2k
Quality issues to delay issues.

Post by Mac2k » Sat May 26, 2018 8:50 am

A few weeks ago we were having call quality issues of static and dropped calls. I read on here that it seems it was a server issue. Now I can hear everything fine. But it has a bad delay of 5 seconds to 15 seconds before the person on the other end of the line can hear you. I have told many friends about ooma's service and now in the past month the service has been terrible. Please help.

Thanks
Devin

Mac2k

Re: Quality issues to delay issues.

Post by Mac2k » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Had a few good weeks of service then the other day the person on the other end couldn't hear me. Tried a call again today and yet again the receiver of the call couldn't hear me tried a different phone too still, the same problem. I am premium user and this is getting to the point I want to cancel my service. I would like some help.

Thanks

OurAdventureRidge

Re: Quality issues to delay issues.

Post by OurAdventureRidge » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:00 pm

We're having the same trouble. Ooma support initially stated that it was due to my ISP. All of that equipment has been checked and my ISP states the issue is with Ooma. Things seem okay one time and horrible the next. I've checked on the SourceForge site that Ooma Support recommends for the jitter rates. Everything comes up with a green check mark. Delays may range from a few seconds for a call to go out to over 2 minutes. Often, I have to say "hello!" multiple times before the person on the other end can hear my (if it ever goes through).