Ooma Telo call quality issues...

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
jfuller45
Ooma Telo call quality issues...

Post by jfuller45 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:27 pm

I have been an Ooma subscriber for over a year now.

Recently the call quality has become terrible. I will be talking to a person on the remote end of a call and they can't hear me, words get dropped when part of a sentence or story, I hear echoes, etc. I tried relocating my Telo device upstairs near the Verizon G1100 router after purchasing the Wifi adapter, and there was no change. Then I moved it upstairs into the bedroom, thinking there was wireless conflicts with other devices in my living room where the router and Telo were located. No change. Keep in mind originally that my Telo used to be plugged directly into the router when they both were located in the basement. Still no change. I moved the router upstairs into the living room when I started streaming live TV. None of my other devices seem to have an issue. Earlier this year I upgraded my speed to 75/75 with FiOS. I called Ooma and they said Jitter needs to be 5 or less, and last time I checked I was getting like 2 or 3. I called Verizon FiOS and they rebooted my ONT, saying that whenever there is a power outage sometimes Internet speeds become slower. That did not change anything. So now it appears I am at an impasse, or no one can tell me how to go about fixing this.

If anyone can provide any assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jerry

murphy

Re: Ooma Telo call quality issues...

Post by murphy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:06 am

Run the html5 version of this test.

http://www.whichvoip.com/voip-test.htm

All of the result icons should be green.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx