call quality "hello delay" support today

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
vernonls
call quality "hello delay" support today

Post by vernonls » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:03 pm

When answering a call there was about a 4 second delay between the time I answered and the calling party could hear my "hello". I had this problem earlier this year and tech support fixed it. This problem returned about two weeks ago and I had to call tech support again. I think that they have fixed it again or at least cut the delay time down to about a half second which is tolerable.

I hope this is the end of problems with ooma. If it comes back I am going to cut the cord like 50% have already done and just live with my cell phone as my only phone. All in all ooma runs about $15 a month of which 30% is taxes which is a whole lot better than at&t at nearly $40 per month or Comcast about $30 a month. bye

oomamaniacal

Re: call quality "hello delay" support today

Post by oomamaniacal » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Before you ditch a home phone completely, you may want to try Google Voice on the Obihai 202. The price of the Obihai unit is around $70, but Google Voice is free. I use Google Voice with the Ooma.

A couple of caveats though, for one thing, there is no USA-based support unless you pay for the monthly $5 set of Obi Extras. Otherwise, you have to open tickets with their overseas support team. Also, if you want 911 service, that is available for a small yearly fee through Anveo.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions