DP1 Desk Phone Handset Volume Issue

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
robertm101
DP1 Desk Phone Handset Volume Issue

Post by robertm101 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:56 am

I currently have the DP1 Desk Phone and right now my only complaint is the volume on the handset ear piece is too low even when the volume is at max.
Maybe this is something that can be corrected with a software update.
Thanks.

oomamaniacal

Re: DP1 Desk Phone Handset Volume Issue

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:20 pm

The volume issue is something that should have been addressed during the Beta testing or sooner. Forget all the fancy features, good volume is the basic 101 attribute that should be expected by all users of the phone.

While researching this issue, I came upon a VTech phone that looks very similar to the DP1.

The review stated, "Unfortunately, the sound quality is where the VTech VSP devices are lacking. They are decent enough to understand a caller, but you may find it difficult to use the phones after you’ve experienced the G.722 "HD voice" of other devices.The audio was a bit tinny and hollow. This was a surprise, since VTech got its start with wireless POTS phones. The sound quality isn't horrible, but it’s not as clear as other non-DECT devices within the same price range."

Here is a link to the unboxing: https://youtu.be/COgRvDtvogM
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

robertm101

Post by robertm101 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:25 pm

Thanks for the info, but if I remember correctly when I beta tested for ooma in the past and I was testing out the HD2 handsets there was an issue with the ear piece volume being too low. At that time we were working with Dennis P who was able to address the issue by sending out a fix for it.
I'm not sure if ooma did a beta test for the DP1 or did it in house, but that is something that anyone would've caught right away.
It's too bad because the phone is very nice and people on the other end tell me how clear I sound.

j0293

Post by j0293 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:23 am

Does this problem still exist for new phones ordererd now?