Dead Air

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
ikeisaacks
Dead Air

Post by ikeisaacks » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Answer incoming call to dead air. System was just working on another call but now when we pick-up the phone, nothing. No dial tone. Happens about twice a month. Sometimes the 'dead air' happens when no calls or phone useage. ie: Hang-up from a call everything is working normal. Next time we try to initiate a call, nothing, 'dead air'. Have to power off Telo to reset. This is third Telo doing the same thing. Not power as we are on a UPS system going thru two line voltage conditioners. Clear 60hz sine wave power.
Also third phone plugged into Telo, not external phone issue.
Ooma support reset twice in last three months but isssue still happening.
Xfinity installed cable/internet monitor but no problems showing on their line.

Anyone else have this happen??

oomamaniacal

Re: Dead Air

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:06 pm

Is the Ooma logo on the Telo a steady blue when this happens?

Are you using a wi-fi or an ethernet wired connection?

Do you have the Telo One or Two?
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

ikeisaacks

Post by ikeisaacks » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:36 pm

Yes, steady blue.
Ethernet direct wired to modem, no router. replaced cable once
Don't know if it's a one or two. Just replaced 6 weeks ago, direct from Ooma.

When the problem happens, Ooma sees no problem, first time they rebooted the unit, worked for about 3 weeks, second time I powered off worked another 2-3 weeks, Ooma sent a new unit, this time worked 4-5
weeks then problem happened again, again I powered cycled and is currently working. Seems to go 'dead' more often when hanging up from a call. We're talking, hang up and then try to make another call but all we get is silence. As I said we've also changed the phone hand sets 3 times, happens on all 3.
Bout ready to try another provider..

Tnx
'

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:19 pm

I had that happen to me--steady blue logo, but no dial tone. It happened a couple of times during the first six months of installation. I was about ready to buy a timer to power cycle the Telo automatically at night, but then the problem went away. I have a Telo One, hooked up with ethernet.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions