Call Quality and HD3 Handset

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Nishal Patel
Call Quality and HD3 Handset

Post by Nishal Patel » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:26 pm

I have been old the old Telo Hardware and a Panasonic phone for the last 3 years and all was good. Recently having issue with the buttons on the telo device, so I purchased the new hardware. Best buy had a great deal with two HD3 handsets for $140. I bought that and the call quality is not good at all now. I have a ATT Fiber with constant 950MB down and 950MB up and my router handles the full gigabit speed. I have the Ooma device plugged into the back of my router wired.

I feel like there is far more static on the calls and the call quality of the HD3 especially as you increase the volume on the speaker phone, the calls get worse.

Any ideas?

jafriede

Re: Call Quality and HD3 Handset

Post by jafriede » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:08 pm

Have you had any resolution to this? I just ordered an upgraded Telo and 2 HD3 handsets also.

nishalp

Re: Call Quality and HD3 Handset

Post by nishalp » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:36 pm

Unfortunately, no. But I see another thread that someone else is having it also.

https://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22206