HD3 headsets are brutal

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
The Beaches
HD3 headsets are brutal

Post by The Beaches » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:14 pm

I just picked up two HD3 headsets hoping they would be an excellent match for my new Telo Air base. Be advised that aside from the fancy packaging, the sound quality on HD3 headsets is brutal. The call quality is terrible. Ooma already compresses the snot out of the audio but the extra compression the HD3 introduce just compounds the issue. The quality of sound off my decades year-old Panasonic phones are way better. Hopefully they will introduce some bandwidth enhancement to their product line so I can manually control the quality from the headset to the base. I have fibre optic 1 Gb/s service to the home so they can’t say it’s on my end. My previous service was also VOIP and while much more expensive, always sounded crisp and clear.

Stuff

Re: HD3 headsets are brutal

Post by Stuff » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:25 am

Maybe you got a dud. One of my HD3s was bad with the speakerphone almost unusable but the others were OK.

Yes, the old Panasonics were great.

The Beaches

Post by The Beaches » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:13 am

Sadly they are both crappy. Most likely they are compressing the hell out of the signal to pack in more users on a server. The connection is fine.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:42 am

The speaker on the HD3 is a loser but when the speakerphone is off the quality isn't too bad. If I had known the earphone jack was removed from the HD3 I wouldn't have bought them.