Callers not hearing me - calls breaking up

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
TerryW
Callers not hearing me - calls breaking up

Post by TerryW » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:23 am

I have my OOMA directly connected to my Bell Canada "Home Hub 3000". When on longer calls the quality gets poorer and eventually my callers cannot hear me..... then I come back! Very annoying. I have reported it to OOMA. OOMA support have asked me to get Bell support to change settings in the Home Hub 3000. Bell will not do that unless I signup for "tech" support for a monthly fee.($14/mo I think) I know how and I can now access the Home Hub 3000 but do not know how to: 1) Reserve the IP address for the OOMA 2) Put IP for OOMA in DMZ and 3) Set QoS for the OOMA IP The home hub 3000 is not user friendly. Bell support will not help me. Can anyone guide me on how to give the OOMA more bandwidth as I assume that may help?
Thanks

The Beaches

Re: Callers not hearing me - calls breaking up

Post by The Beaches » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:01 pm

You can only access the Ooma web Gui through a PC. They haven't yet figured out how to add it to the myooma app.

I set my unit with a fixed IP address and forced it to connect to the 5Ghz frequency.

We still have tons of trouble. Can't make any calls without buzzing, feedback, dropped calls or echos. The HD3 handset makes it even worse. Ooma support told me that I need fast Internet. I have 1Gb/s fibre to the home.
Maybe I should upgrade my service?