Qos keeps resetting to zero

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
wishIhadpots
Qos keeps resetting to zero

Post by wishIhadpots » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:17 pm

I have a Gen 2 Ooma. It is connected after my Netgear router, with the router port set to highest priority.
The system works ok, especially with faxes when I have my upstream internet speed set to 10,000 or 10Mbs. My service has 15 Mbs up and 250 down. Every few days the upstream internet speed resets itself to zero, without me touching it. Then my voice quality goes way down and can't send faxes. Presently the Ooma connection type is DHCP, but I have also tried a static ip in the Ooma internet settings. The Netgear router has a static address set for the Ooma. In either mode, the Upstream Internet Speed of Qos keeps resetting itself to zero. Ooma support, even tier 2 can't tell me why the Qos keeps resetting. This is making my Ooma unusable.

murphy

Re: Qos keeps resetting to zero

Post by murphy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:13 am

Is anything connected to the Home jack? If no, then QOS in the Telo does nothing and should be set to zero.
With those speeds you shouldn't even need QOS set in the router unless you are hosting a server farm.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx