Ooma phone Quality

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Doorpro
Ooma phone Quality

Post by Doorpro » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:08 am

Hi all,

I have had Ooma for about six years now and had my two business numbers ported over to it but have never really used the handset to make calls.
You see the system is aboard a boat and we don't have cable down here so I used Hughes-net and the latency/lag was so bad that I simply set up Ooma to forward calls to my cell phone along with send me a email/voicemail which worked great but it would really have been nice to pick up the phone and talk to customers instead of calling back on my cell phone.
Anyway, I have dumped Hughes-net and am now running Ooma through my cell phone's Hotspot which works great and being that I had an extra phone with a 50Gb per month hotspot I couldn't be happier.
Unless I could get a better sound out of my handset. It is a good handset and on my homes landline was perfect but through Ooma it sounds tinny and hollow and I was wondering If anyone knew if there are setting to add depth to the audio and make it sound more like a landline does. Any advice would be great and I thank you all.

Regards,
Doug.

KJW47

Re: Ooma phone Quality

Post by KJW47 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:21 pm

I recently installed a basic Ooma Telo unit in place of my old copper landline. While I myself find the call quality on my end acceptable, my wife finds the sound to be tiny and lacking depth just as you describe. It's almost as if the audio is over modulated. The audio is louder than it used to be on the old copper landline. It is the same on all handsets of different models. No one that I call has complained about the sound quality and when I ask, they say it sounds okay. My wife won't use the system and prefers to use her cell phone instead. Is there anything that can be done to improve the sound quality on the home end? Thanks.

ron5151

Re: Ooma phone Quality

Post by ron5151 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:43 pm

I agree. Over-modulated is a good description of my problem also. Any ideas?