Wife Breaking Up- I'm not

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Bill D
Wife Breaking Up- I'm not

Post by Bill D » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:06 pm

We've been together with Ooma for 10 years. We have a Uniden 2-line wireless phone system with Line 1 connected to my wife's Telo (on 450992 FW) and Line 2 connected to my Telo (on 102067147 FW). My Telo also has one Ooma door switch connected to it.

Both Telos are connected directly to ports on our Netgear Router with QoS off and solid 100/10 service. Nothing is plugged into the Home port of either Telo.

I don't have call quality issues but my wife regularly has the other party report that she is breaking up even though she hears them fine. When she immediately calls them back on her cell phone (over WiFi calling) her call is solid. Skype and MS Teams audio and video calls are also solid.

I'm assuming the difference in our FW versions are due to me having an Ooma door switch on my Telo. We're in area 954 (Florida) so I'm assuming we both are on the east coast server. Tom B, if you're tuned in here, please confirm. (don't be confused by the 3rd Telo in area 949 California which is also in my name).

I've swapped cables, ports and phone lines and the trouble stays with her number (her Telo). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

murphy

Re: Wife Breaking Up- I'm not

Post by murphy » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:26 pm

Swap the power supplies between the Telos to see if it makes a difference.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Bill D

Post by Bill D » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:09 am

Done. Thanks. Swapping power adapters is one thing I haven't tried yet. We'll see if it makes a difference.

Stelcom66

Post by Stelcom66 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:46 pm

Probably not this since it was reported as 'breaking up' - but occasionally when someone is talking to me Ooma will hear the 2 frequencies of a DTMF tone and re-generate it. Usually with a female voice.

Bill D

Post by Bill D » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:56 am

@Murphy - Swapping power adapters didn't change anything. The trouble stays with my wife's account so its something different about how her account is handled at the Ooma server or something different about her Telo.

I'm suspicious about her Telo being on 450992 FW and my Telo being on 102067147 FW.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:50 am

450992 is the version my Telo 2 is at.
I don't own any of the security devices or HD3 handsets. Mine handsets are HD2.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Bill D

Post by Bill D » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:52 pm

I'm not sure why, but this problem seems to be gone. We stopped using Ooma for a while and instead used our cell phones over T-Mobile's WiFi-calling. However during the last couple weeks, neither of our Ooma lines have been breaking up.

I suspect something at the Ooma servers has changed because we've not had problems with our Internet connection including long MS Teams audio and video conference calls or any trouble with cell phone calls over WiFi-calling.

At least for now we're back to regularly using our grandfathered Ooma service which has (mostly) served us well for over 10 years.