Full duplex speakerphone with Ooma?

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
zinky
Full duplex speakerphone with Ooma?

Post by zinky » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:38 pm

I've got a Panasonic speakerphone that never works full duplex with Ooma, in spite of it supposedly working. Is there any recommendation for a phone that will do full duplex speakerphone? Willing to consider an IP phone or other options that will work.

zinky

Re: Full duplex speakerphone with Ooma?

Post by zinky » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:40 am

How funny. I did a google search a full year later and still no one has responded to the question of whether a full duplex speakerphone or conversation works with Ooma. If the phone works then the line should work properly and the speakerphone issue would suggest that it is the speakerphone portion that is problematic, such as with the panasonic 2 line phone that I have. Disappointing something that expensive wouldn't work as well as you'd expect.

murphy

Re: Full duplex speakerphone with Ooma?

Post by murphy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:09 pm

A full duplex speakerphone is very difficult to do. All of the sound coming out of the speaker must be blocked from entering the microphone or there will be audio feedback. The majority of them are half duplex which means the speaker and microphone are never live at the same time.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx