Original Ooma Owner

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
xBroker
Original Ooma Owner

Post by xBroker » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:27 pm

Bought my Ooma around 2009 and have been using it ever since. I've lived in 3 states and was a snowbird for years and it worked on 4 systems. Now my latest internet provider has fiber and it has worked on this system for 7 months or more, until last week. Now it has lights 1 & 2 on and won't work no matter what I do. I even bought a new router.

Can't use wireless devices, so I won't be buying any new ooma products. I liked my original ooma. What has been changed? How can I get it working again? I have a TL-R600VPN Router from TP link.

xBroker

Re: Original Ooma Owner

Post by xBroker » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:52 pm

I have no other phone to call them with. Can't use cell phones. I have this router Is there something I can do inside this router to insure it works?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007B60SCG?psc=1

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:20 pm

Verify that the power supply is still putting out the correct voltage. At that age it may have failing electrolytic capacitors. 2009 could either be the original hub (white with big square buttons) or the first Telo (black).
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Robek

Post by Robek » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:12 pm

And Ooma still sells wired devices, either directly, or through major retailers. There's no need to go wireless.