OOma is garbage.

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
fatboydave
OOma is garbage.

Post by fatboydave » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:08 am

Ooma voice quality has been bad since i started with the service. My 2nd teleo box just crapped out. Moving on to something else since it is complete shit and the service is terrible.

Robek

Re: Ooma is garbage.

Post by Robek » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:53 pm

More precisely, it looks like he had "no problems" for the first two years, followed by intermittent voice quality issues for the next four years. He didn't say exactly how his second Telo "crapped out", but if the first one "wasn't the problem", then maybe he could have used it to replace the second one.

Many companies get complaints about their customer support, but the second level of support is usually better than the first. Users can try to use online web sites or user forums to resolve their own issues, or else to provide better information up front, and get past the first level of support more quickly.

For example, users with voice quality issues could try a different handset, perform an upload speed/ping test, check any router QoS settings, or check their Call Statistics jitter metrics. Written correspondence also makes it easier for everyone to keep track of relevant details, especially for long running issues.

And if none of that works, then at least users can post more descriptive and satisfying complaints, before moving on to something else.

rwagoner

Re: OOma is garbage.

Post by rwagoner » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:31 pm

Odd. Ooma has been the best home phone service I have had ... ever. Better than copper, better than cable.

giltheissen

Post by giltheissen » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:20 am

Don't exaggerate. No VOIP is better than copper.

Robek

Post by Robek » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:21 pm

giltheissen wrote:Don't exaggerate. No VOIP is better than copper.
My copper line used to pick up one of the local radio stations as part of the background static, audible whenever there was a lull in the conversation. With Ooma, there's no background noise; just awkward silence.