Calls not being completed

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
RonWestman
Calls not being completed

Post by RonWestman » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:11 am

I have a new Ooma system. About 50% of the time when I make a call the person on the other end picks up their phone, the ringing stops, but neither of us can hear the other person.
The other end calls me back and everything works normally.

My bandwidth is about 600Meg down and 40Meg up (fiber coming soon).
I am using a TP-Link Deco M4R router with an unmanaged switch that has the Ooma unit plugged into.
I have not tried plugging the Ooma directly into the Deco router.

Any suggestions on what settings to look at?
Router and/or Ooma....

Robek

Re: Calls not being completed

Post by Robek » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:46 pm

Try connecting the Telo directly to the modem or router, (to the Telo INTERNET port, not the HOME port). Access the Telo settings, (Tools -> Port Scan), and scan for any blocked ports. Look for high latency/jitter (Tools -> Call Statistics), or from an internet speed test. If all else fails, then contact customer support.

BillDozer

Re: Calls not being completed

Post by BillDozer » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:22 pm

Reviving this thread as I've been having a similar issue as the OP. I'm using my Telo wirelessly however. Curious if there was a solution to their problem. I consistently have calls to a specific number not complete. Sometimes I can retry and have success other times multiple attempts are required. But if the person calls me back the call works fine.