How permanent are local numbers?

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
dshinnick
How permanent are local numbers?

Post by dshinnick » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:34 am

I bought two Ooma hubs, one for myself and one for my brother for Christmas. The only reason I got one for him is that Ooma has a local calling number in his small southern Illinois town. No other VoIP provider seems to have one. But how "permanent" is it? Is it based on something or someone who might go away? Without that local number, I would not have bought the Ooma for him. I just don't want to give it to him, then see his local number go away in 6 months.

Any thoughts?

thanks-
dave

Soundjudgment

Re: How permanent are local numbers?

Post by Soundjudgment » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:06 am

Why would you have such a worry?? For an assigned Ooma phone number to go away... Ooma the Company would have to go away as well. There is no reason to feel that your chosen Ooma number is in any jeopardy just because of its location. Pick a number that is in your area (or your relative do the same) and keep it as long as you are a member of the Ooma community. :)
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>