"Hairy" Voices

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
niknak
Re: "Hairy" Voices

Post by niknak » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:58 pm

you should have no voice quality issues with stats like those!

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:15 pm

davek wrote:But then how would I get messages (other than the web?)

Thank you Aveamantium for your help!
You can dial your own number from a connected phone and it will go into your voicemail.

As for helping, glad I was able to! :D
Go AVS!

davek

Post by davek » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:06 pm

Call your own number- cool. When I get the Telco handset, I think that will do it directly. I think for now, I will just leave the Scout there- my wife deals with that better!

If you are anything like me, you have become an overnight evangelist for the Ooma. But your help is appreciated just the same! Hopefully I can pay it forward.

DaK

davek

Post by davek » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:07 pm

niknak wrote:you should have no voice quality issues with stats like those!
I know! I looked at those, and figgered I would be OK to be calling Qwest real soon to cancel!

southsound

Post by southsound » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:02 pm

davek wrote:Call your own number- cool. When I get the Telco handset, I think that will do it directly. I think for now, I will just leave the Scout there- my wife deals with that better!

If you are anything like me, you have become an overnight evangelist for the Ooma. But your help is appreciated just the same! Hopefully I can pay it forward.

DaK
You may have a few days wait to get the handset. In that time, practice the following, "I will call the system a Telo - not a telco. The telco is that evil entity that has been sucking my wallet dry for many years. I will not have a telco. I will be blessed to have a Telo. It will cost me much less and I am finally free of the evil telco empire"

After repeating this mantra several times, you will find a great freedom from that pull from the dark side that wants more and more of your money just to give you dialtone.

Of course it is only fitting to welcome you to ooma and to the forums. We're glad you're here! Visit often. We have some great folks here who can help with almost any problem. :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

davek

Post by davek » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:17 am

southsound wrote:You may have a few days wait to get the handset.
I read the same ting- the handset will not be available until November. Lies, I tell you! Mine SHIPPED yesterday. I am new to this forum, so I am not sure if it is appropriate and acceptable to post the store from which I purchased. I think I am OK to say that a membership is required.
southsound wrote:In that time, practice the following, "I will call the system a Telo - not a telco. The telco is that evil entity that has been sucking my wallet dry for many years. I will not have a telco. I will be blessed to have a Telo. It will cost me much less and I am finally free of the evil telco empire"
Oooma calls it a telo; for me, it is my new Telco.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:05 am

. Lies, I tell you! Mine SHIPPED yesterday.
Your "Telco" might have shipped yesterday, but I assure you, the handset didn't.

Wayne

niknak

Post by niknak » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:11 am

..Your "Telco" might have shipped yesterday, but I assure you, the handset didn't..
I agree with you Wayne