Pulsating buzz for incoming calls w/Telo+integrated landline

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
johnb4
Re: Pulsating buzz for incoming calls w/Telo+integrated landline

Post by johnb4 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:46 am

I just came to the forum to ask about this exact issue. I just purchased an Ooma Telo earlier this week and have it hooked up with my old telephone service plugged into the "wall" jack, while I wait for my number to be ported.

It worked great for the first couple days but, yesterday, I started hearing this pulsating buzz that only occurs on incoming calls. (Outgoing calls sound fine.) I've tried rebooting the Telo, but it didn't help.

My wife wants me to return the Telo because of the buzz (it's bad enough that it's difficult to understand the other caller). So we've gone back to using our old phone service for now.

I'd like to keep the Telo. How do I get rid of the buzz? Do I need to replace my Telo unit?

By the way, I also get "Unknown" on my caller ID for incoming calls. Is this just a temporary inconvenience that will go away once my number has been ported?

Thanks,
John
Last edited by johnb4 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

sdub

Post by sdub » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:14 am

Same situation here... email Dennis P (page 1 of this thread) and he should arrange to have a replacement Telo box sent. Apparently the buzz is a hardware problem in the Telo. He indicated to me that the Caller ID thing is a software problem, and they are working on it.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:42 am

SDUB is right, email Dennis and they will replace the unit. There was a glitch discovered after release that caused a buzzing with landline connection. (not many integrate landline anymore). The caller id issue is another glitch that will go away when you port your number to ooma or when ooma fixes the glitch, which ever comes first.
Welcome to the forums!

Wayne

Jay521

Post by Jay521 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:03 pm

I was researching the buzzing sound on my Telo and came to this site. I also have the 'loose plug' situation that many complained about as well. I am finding that the sound quality was much better on my Ooma Hub system. What to do? I guess I will send Dennis an email...

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:26 pm

Jay521 wrote:I was researching the buzzing sound on my Telo and came to this site. I also have the 'loose plug' situation that many complained about as well. I am finding that the sound quality was much better on my Ooma Hub system. What to do? I guess I will send Dennis an email...
That would be the first step for sure. Dennis will help you out on the Power Supply issue. It may even fix the buzzing issue.

Wayne

Jay521

Post by Jay521 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:28 pm

WayneDsr wrote:
Jay521 wrote:I was researching the buzzing sound on my Telo and came to this site. I also have the 'loose plug' situation that many complained about as well. I am finding that the sound quality was much better on my Ooma Hub system. What to do? I guess I will send Dennis an email...
That would be the first step for sure. Dennis will help you out on the Power Supply issue. It may even fix the buzzing issue.

Wayne

Just sent him an email. Thanks much!

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:31 pm

Just so you know I don't believe Private Messaging is working right now... Did you CC yourself when you sent the email to Dennis? Did it go through? Pretty sure PM'ing has been down all week?
Go AVS!

Jay521

Post by Jay521 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:38 pm

Aveamantium wrote:Just so you know I don't believe Private Messaging is working right now... Did you CC yourself when you sent the email to Dennis? Did it go through? Pretty sure PM'ing has been down all week?
Thanks, didn't know that and I didn't CC me! Just tried again and this time I CC'd myself.....did not get my own reply back so I guess it's still down.

Any advice?

jnordos

Post by jnordos » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:40 am

I've got the same pulsating noise on all incoming landline calls. I've emailed Dennis 2 times, CCing myself as well, but have not heard back yet.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:45 am

jnordos wrote:I've got the same pulsating noise on all incoming landline calls. I've emailed Dennis 2 times, CCing myself as well, but have not heard back yet.
Dennis is on vacation this week.
From what I understand there should be a firmware update soon that will fix that and many other Telo "bugs".

Wayne