DECT 6.0 phones

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Kort
DECT 6.0 phones

Post by Kort » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:01 pm

Can I expect an increase in quality if I upgrade to a DECT 6.0 phone?
I am currently using a 2.4 GHz phone.
Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: DECT 6.0 phones

Post by Dennis P » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:34 pm

It's hard to predict whether or not there will be a perceptible difference in terms of quality if you move to DECT. It depends on how good your current phone works for you. The advantage of DECT is that it will not interfere with Wi-Fi, operates in a licensed frequency band (less interference), and runs at a lower frequency that 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz phones (lower frequency usually means better propagation and distance/coverage). I have two DECT systems running at home: one base station plugged into a Hub and the other base station plugged into a Scout. I have found the quality to be very good.

Kort

Re: DECT 6.0 phones

Post by Kort » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:22 am

Well, it's been about a year and the quality has been good for the most part. The only real issue I've had is that outbound calls have a cell-phone like cut-off when I talk over the person on the other end, but I suppose that is the nature of the technology.