Call Quality/Echo

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
ram104
Re: Call Quality/Echo

Post by ram104 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:54 pm

I found out what my bandwidth issue was. Comcast had me on a economy package. I upgraded and now I'm getting up to 18 mb/s d/l and a little over 2 m/b upload. My call quality is great on my end. Its the other persons end they still complains about some "screeching" on there end as if you have the sound turned up too loud and you get that slight screech in my voice only when I talk. I did try different cordless phone and corded phones through the scout and hub with no fix. I'm really am not to worried about it because I can hear good, but trying to convince family members to change phone service with that screech well thats a tough one.
I was just posting to see if anyone else had the problem or if anyone had any ideas.
Also, not to change the subject, when is the Ooma Telo coming out?
Thanks for your help.

ram104

Post by ram104 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Can any of the ooma Moderators help me with this problem. When I talk to people on there end sounds crackley or screechy like there volume is too high or like your tv is turned up to high and you get that screech in your speakers. I lowered my volume on my phone and tried a few different phones with no luck.
Also I raised my QoS to 1500 but when i'm on the phone the connection gets choppy and the whole conversation is not comming through.
Please help.

raghuooma

Post by raghuooma » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:01 pm

ram102 wrote:So, does anyone know what there is a static on the other persons end when I talk, but I don't hear it on my end?
This static seems like what I reported in http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=763

ram104

Post by ram104 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:00 pm

Thanks, but thats not exactly the problem. Here's the break down. Say my sister calls me or I call her. When I p/u the phone everything is ok on both ends when she talks its clear and the connection is clear between us. Its only when I start to talk on her end she hears some screeching or crackling in my voice. Everything else is fine and the connection is clear between us.
I was interested in making my voice "cleaner" for the other party.

mthomtech

Post by mthomtech » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:50 pm

ram102 wrote:Thanks, but thats not exactly the problem. Here's the break down. Say my sister calls me or I call her. When I p/u the phone everything is ok on both ends when she talks its clear and the connection is clear between us. Its only when I start to talk on her end she hears some screeching or crackling in my voice. Everything else is fine and the connection is clear between us.
I was interested in making my voice "cleaner" for the other party.

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm having the same issue. I can't tell when I test with my cell phone (can't hear the crackling), but when I talk to my wife from work, I hear the crackling when she speaks. Some that she's called have commented that it makes it very hard to hear her.

I have an integrated modem/router, so I have ooma downstream of that ... and all of the other computer/network stuff coming off another port on the router.
Ooma Customer since March 2009
Ooma Hardware: Hub/Scout(2) and Telo
Premier Member

ram104

Post by ram104 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:38 pm

I never did get any help on this. I was following another post with the same issue you might want to read. http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=883

Good Luck!