buzzing/stuttering call issues

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
timberj
buzzing/stuttering call issues

Post by timberj » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:46 am

Ok,
I have a similar problem as some others. I bought a new telo at fry's a few weeks ago. Finally installed it a few days ago. I am getting a buzzing sound in the background about every fifteen seconds or so and people on the other end say it sounds like I am stuttering and my voice is breaking up. People on the other end sound perfect. I have the telo installed between my modem and router as instructed in the setup diagram. I did a speed test at speedtest.net. My speeds for Comcast were 21838 kbps downstream and 3764 kbps upstream. I went to the advanced settings in setup and changed the default 385 kbps upstream to 3000 kbps. It did not make any difference however. I only have 2 more days to return the unit to frys if i can not get the problem resolved. I do not want to eat $200 for a unit that is giving me a worse signal than my at&t landline was... Any help is appreciated.

lbmofo

Re: buzzing/stuttering call issues

Post by lbmofo » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:33 am

What kind of result do you get when you test using http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html

Jitter should be less than 5 ms.
Packet loss should be 0.
Download and upload QOS should be at least 70%.
Maximum TCP delay should be under 100 ms.