This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 11:36 am
Confirmed still an issue as of this morning. As the poster above mentioned it does appear to be time based, 30 seconds, when no other participants are speaking (ie incoming signal to ooma).
Will not Disconnect:
1) if I call the number as a participant with ooma, and listen to hold music, it will not disconnect.
2) if I call, with a seperate phone to host the meeting, and provide a constant incoming signal to the conference line (I placed the second phone against a speaker listening to an online radio station), the ooma phone will not disconnect. Including when I place the ooma phone on mute.
1) Host a meeting with no other participants, it will disconnect within 30 seconds.
2) Stop incoming signal (stop the radio statio in the example above or place that phone on mute) on the conference line, the ooma phone will disconnect
3) The ooma phone is only providing output (example talking non-stop/online radio station), with no incoming, it will disconnect.
I also tried *99 with no change in behavior. With my VOIP phone through surewest I do not encounter the same issue as I do with ooma that started this week.
MyMeetings.com is the conference line provider.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 12:46 pm
I think you guys hit the nail on the head. The 30 seconds of no incoming line noise seems to be the key which is really bad because that probably means you're going to get disconnected while you are talking. I ran two additional tests and I was not getting the disconnect issue when either 1) I used Google Voice to dial into the 8XX number or 2) I used the toll based number dialed directly from my ooma line. Hope this helps in the interim and with the symptoms so clearly identified, maybe ooma will be able to address the root of the problem quickly.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:40 am
Same problem here, and has just gotten worse. Seems to occur on conference bridges only - and is fine when I am listening - three drops in two days have occurred while I was speaking.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:06 pm
800 type calls are disconnecting for me as well.
This needs to be fixed or I too will have to move to another service.
- Posts: 348
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:22 am
It's good to add your experiences in case it helps with the analysis of the problem.
In case people don't realize it, Ooma acknowledged the problem and said they are working on fixing it
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:14 am
I have also opened a ticket this morning. I have replaced my speaker phone, reconnected all my cables, and every time I log into a conference call bridge, the line drops within two to three minutes. This is bad enough when I am a participant on a conference call, but VERY BAD when I am hosting a conference call with many participants! I was told that this is a "known issue", but you won't find this anywhere in the OOMA Status updates, I only found out this is a known issue due to these posts. I encourage anyone else who is experiencing these issues to also create a post (you have to create a loggin ID and PW outside your normal OOMA loggin ID and PW). Although the person at the support number was very friendly, she was only able to tell me that a log was opened, and that I would be contacted either via phone or email regarding progress on the technical challenge within 24-48 hours.
- Posts: 3519
- Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:31 am
- Location: Harstine Island, WA
Just a couple of comments regarding your post:
1. Yes, it is a known problem that may not be broadcast in the ooma marketing materials but is heavily covered on this forum (including this thread). ooma has posted that they are aware of it and working on a fix. That is why this forum is so important - it is a USER forum which means we (as users) have a way to help each other. There are a lot of things that fellow users cannot do - like change code or speak for the company. But we do make the company (and other users) aware of issues, help with complex installations, or even help when a person has accidentally put their system into DND. You also might want to know that the people who answer the phones at the support center cannot do much themselves - they are not programmers and are merely the first line of support for simple problems. They have done their best by opening a ticket that will be responded too.
2. Using a large font (or all caps for that matter) equate to SHOUTING. I'm sure you didn't mean to shout to other users who may some day be of value if you have a problem that we can help with.
3. Using your actual telephone number as your login name will open you up to a lot of spam calls. Lots of nasty people use bots to scour the Internet (including this forum) to find valid phone numbers. You can call ooma support to change it.
4. Welcome to ooma and to the forum.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:31 pm
Same problem here. Disconnects from 866 teleconference numbers whether I'm the host or not. I've been a relatively satisfied Ooma hub user. I hung-in while they addressed the Press-1 with MultiRing issue, but disconnections are much more serious.
I hope this is fixed very quickly and that someone from Ooma will officially announce that it is resolved. I don't want to be left "guessing" for days / weeks whether or not I can count on my Ooma.
- Posts: 9337
- Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
- Location: Greater Seattle
Find out if they have a toll equivalent number and use that for work-around for now.
- Ooma Moderator
- Posts: 1457
- Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:41 pm
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
We're aiming to rollout a fix for bug 8494 to our servers by next week. I think this should address the majority of call disconnect issues mentioned on this thread.