International call quality - recipient can't hear me well

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
ddpst6
International call quality - recipient can't hear me well

Post by ddpst6 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:27 pm

New to Ooma. Having issues with international calls to Germany and India - for almost all outgoing calls, recipient cannot hear me well. If I use a calling card (thru Ooma or cell phone or 2nd land line), no problems. For that matter, no issues with Skype either.

No quality issues with outgoing domestic calls, or incoming domestic/international calls.

It doesn't sound like the problem has anything to do with my setup. Anyone have a similar issue, or figured out what gives?

unit321

Re: International call quality - recipient can't hear me well

Post by unit321 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:16 am

I have the same problem with calls to Jamaica. Yesterday afternoon I emailed Support with the specific numbers I tried to call, and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Pooma

Post by Pooma » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:45 pm

Same problem here:

http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=842

Calling Germany. The recipient cant hear me at all. Everything else works fine.

tjphoton

Post by tjphoton » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Same problem here for a couple of days. International call to China, I can hear the other end, but the other party can not hear me. No problem with domestic calls.

ddpst6

Post by ddpst6 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:39 am

Update:

For the last 2 weeks, this problem doesn't seem to so bad anymore - usually get fairly clear calls now Germany and India now. Yes, there are occasional bad connections, but I got that previously with calling cards and long-distance providers as well.

unit321

Post by unit321 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:31 pm

They also fixed my issue a couple of weeks ago. Quality has been very good on the few international calls I've made since then.

JWindsor

Post by JWindsor » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:08 pm

unit321 wrote:They also fixed my issue a couple of weeks ago. Quality has been very good on the few international calls I've made since then.
So what did they do to fix it?