Ooma going back to Amazon - please help

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Buggy222
Ooma going back to Amazon - please help

Post by Buggy222 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:54 pm

I had really high hopes for Ooma. I think the concept is great, the packages of services (like getting a text message when I have missed a call) is useful, and it seemed like the perfect fit for me. I was keeping my Line 1 as a landline (with Scout associated with that number), and the hub phone jack running my Line 2 which I use for all outgoing calls.

My problem is calls getting dropped when dialing one specific number (my wife's only sister in Pittsburgh). Ooma will consistently drop the call within 2 minutes. This started as soon as I installed Ooma and I started an open tech support item (CS#6625) 18 days ago. At Ooma's request I call them every time it happens to allow them to trace the call. Calls to every other number work fine.

I really want Ooma to fix this, but by Friday I have to ship Ooma back to Amazon for a refund. Ooma - PLEASE find and fix this one so I can keep you.