Echo during local calls, cutouts when calling international

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
anrufer
Re: Echo during local calls, cutouts when calling international

Post by anrufer » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:47 pm

Southsound, thanks a lot for your reply. I will try to call Ooma when I get a chance. I was hoping somebody from Ooma support would chime in here ....

anrufer

Post by anrufer » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:48 am

There seem to be some changes going on here - maybe ooma is working on improving the service?
Called overseas today, and the announcement of my balance and minutes left in the pre-paid international account was gone. I liked that. But what I liked even better: the call went through right away, and the call quality was very good.
I hope that this is a trend .....

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:17 am

I too have seen an increase lately in sporadic echoing during local calls. Ooma to landline, only occasionally, no changes to equipment. I am assuming this is an Ooma issue, until I hear viable suggestions to the contrary ...
Happy Ooma customer since January 2009
Lifetime Premier Member

anrufer

Post by anrufer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Thumbs up to ooma! I received a call today, and was told that they are looking into the echo issue.
Wow, that's pretty impressive, I got to say!

trim81

Post by trim81 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:09 pm

curious- you guys mentioned local calls...

which are code is this originating from?

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:00 pm

anrufer and I are both in the 360 area code. I have been working with them and they contacted anrufer at my request because it seems we are rather close geographically. The problem is with the partner they use for the PSTN to VOIP transition in this area and ooma is going the extra mile to make sure things are stellar. I have had 5 or 6 conversations with them in the past week and they have even had me make calls while they observed the connection. Seems like they are willing to go the exta mile for customer satisfaction. Makes me glad I made the jump to ooma.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.