10-digit calling

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
t4feb
10-digit calling

Post by t4feb » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:27 am

Just checking to see if anyone had this problem with the 10-digit calling. I went into the lounge and checked the box to allow 10-digit calling and waited after signing out to place a call. I dialed the 10-digit number and the call went through just fine but the party could not hear me but I could hear them just fine. After saying can ya hear me now about 8 times I hung up and placed the call again but dialed the #1 before the area code and they could hear me just fine. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so did you fix it and how? I might also say I was calling a cell phone out of state if it makes a differentence

Thanks
Terry

murphy

Re: 10-digit calling

Post by murphy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:38 am

Did you try more than one call using 10 digits? All of my calling uses 10 digits. In fact all local calling in southeast PA has been 10 digit dialing for over a decade. My home phone and cell phone are in different area codes and 10 digit dialing has always worked just fine.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

t4feb

Post by t4feb » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:46 am

Well to tell the truth I only called the one number and have not tried it again yet. The number I was calling was in Michigan and I live in South Carolina not that in should make a difference. But I will try again today and post back if all is ok. Thanks
Terry

t4feb

Post by t4feb » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:37 am

All seems to be working fine now on the 10 digit dialing
Terry