QOS settings help - International call problem

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Pooma
QOS settings help - International call problem

Post by Pooma » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:10 pm

Trying to establish QOS on a Linksys router. Basically I set my router ports to HIGH for: UDP 1194, 49000-50000 UDP. Just to be sure I also set the OOMA modem port MAC address to HIGH on my router. I also removed the QOS limitation on the OOMA device itself, by setting the QOS to zero.

My Configuration is this: OOMA -> Router -> Modem -> Internet

My OOMA is behind the router.

When I call overseas I can hear the person I called, but they cant hear me. I had this problem before when I was overseas (no OOMA). I would call a US calling card number located in the US. From the calling card service I would call the phone number located in the US. Sometimes this same senerio would happen. The person I called could not hear me.

Same problem also in this post: http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 3860#p3860

There is no problem however when someone from overseas calls me. We can hear each other fine. Am I missing anything with the QOS settings?