Inbound Caller ID Issues

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jenoffers
Inbound Caller ID Issues

Post by jenoffers » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:15 am

Ooma Basic subscriber here. I noticed that on 6/2/21, my incoming caller ID was no longer displaying incoming caller names/numbers to my Uniden Dect 6.0 phone. Coincidentally, 6/2/21 was my most recent billing date. I kept seeing a message saying that my credit card was or had expired, but billing for each consecutive month was going thru. On 6/9/21, I updated my credit card information. I called Ooma Support about the caller ID issue. The first support person tried to tell me that incoming caller ID was not a part of Ooma Basic service; at which point I said, my bill keeps going up (yes, I know some of those fees/charges can't be helped because they are fed fees, etc), but that I had incoming caller ID all my years of service and for that feature to suddenly go away isn't right. I was eventually passed on to a higher level support person, and we verified that caller ID was now miraculously working. Well now it is 6/10/21, and here again, when I receive a call and let it ring a few times, the caller ID on the phone just says, "Incoming Call." No name or phone number is displayed, no "Private Number", "Anonymous", or any such thing. I want to have an idea who is calling because if it is a number I don't recognize, I don't want to deal with a robocaller. What is going on with incoming caller ID? It has worked well all these years, now suddenly not working!

Robek

Re: Inbound Caller ID Issues

Post by Robek » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:44 pm

Which service level was that again? Ooma Basic Caller ID displays unblocked numbers, but doesn't display names, (except from the Contacts list).

Does the My Ooma Call Logs, or the Telo Call Statistics display the expected numbers (or names)? If they do, but the phone doesn't, then it could be a problem with the phone itself. In that case, try a different phone, or try rebooting it, (following any specific instructions for the given phone, or else unplugging everything, including any batteries, waiting a few minutes, then plugging everything back in). For non-cordless phones, it could also be a problem with a bad phone cord.
Last edited by Robek on Thu May 04, 2023 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

tranle

Post by tranle » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:29 am

I have similar issue for the last few days, the caller-id comes in a blank so my phone either display blank or unknown. I have 2 type of phones: a panasonic that talks the in-coming number and the other one is a caption-call and both cannot get to the caller-id.

Both of my phone are connected to ooma-telo and I am on the premier subscription. Was there a new firmware that got pushed to the telo that might mess this up ?

Thanks.

tranle

Post by tranle » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:23 pm

replying to myself. It seems unplugin the power from the telo seems to have it reboot and recover the caller id feature.