Putting calls on hold

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
kriemer
Putting calls on hold

Post by kriemer » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:32 am

I have several phones that are "hardwired" to my Ooma Telo, and other phones connected to the Telo through Linx.

When using the hardwired phones, I can put a call on hold, then pick the call up on any other hardwired phone. BUT I can not pick up those calls on on the Linx connected phones.

None of the literature suggest that there is a difference in the way Linx treats calls, but the literature may be incomplete.

Anyone have similar experience or a suggestion on how to make everything connect with everything?

Regards

k

larryk

Re: Putting calls on hold

Post by larryk » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:20 am

What happens when, on the linx connected wireless phone, you press the "link or flash" key twice ?
That's how it works on my setup.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:25 am

When you put a call on hold using a hardwired phone the Telo has no idea you've done this. It still thinks you are on the line. You have to use the "join" function on an Ooma handset or the linx to pick up the call.

Incidentally, when the call is over the Telo turns the battery (voltage) off on the hardwired port for a few seconds which usually causes most phone systems (I. E. Panasonic) to drop the hold setting and release the line.

larryk

Post by larryk » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:46 am

In my setup I have 2 hardwired phones to my Telo, these phones do have a hold button. I also have a 6 handset wireless phone setup connected through a lynx. If I place a call on hold, I can pick it up anywhere by pressing the flash key, or tapping the flash hook twice. The only thing that it doesn't do is release the hold from the phone that I placed the hold on, I have to release it at that phone when the call is over. This is not a problem for us, as there are only two of us in the house. Also having this setup, and premier, I can use one of the cordless phones while the hardwired phone is in use.