Endless ringing then voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jbcaro
Endless ringing then voicemail

Post by jbcaro » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:30 am

When I call a Philippines mobile number, most of the time it just rings and rings with no answer. Then I will get a voice mail on my ooma and it will be from the number I am calling and the contents will be the phone ringing. This happens about 85-95% of the time.

What is up with this? Is anyone else having issues like this. This is very frustrating. The low cost bulk international rates mean nothing if I have to call from my cell phone anyway.

If I hang up my ooma and call the same number using my cell phone the call goes thru immediately.

Also, the phone ringing sound is different if I call from my ooma vs calling from my cell phone. I don't know why this is.

I hope someone can help me resolve this issue.

Thanks, jbcaro

thunderbird

Re: Endless ringing then voicemail

Post by thunderbird » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:28 am

For anyone having this problem:
This is most likely a firewall closed or malfunctioning port problem, somewhere in the circuits from your Ooma device, to the legacy carrier, and back to your Ooma device. Have you called customer service? This is just a forum and weather Ooma customer service sees your problems are just hit or miss. Call customer service and report your unable to connect to dialed phone number problems.