Calls to cell numbers -- ask for password?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
redial#
Re: Calls to cell numbers -- ask for password?

Post by redial# » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:13 pm

I dont think ooma has anything to do with att vm password, i called my friend from a verizon cell and i got the samething as to enter the password not once but few times.

it must be something going on with att system.

Soundjudgment

Post by Soundjudgment » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:07 am

gstagner wrote:log in go to preferences and then to system and disable connection tone. Then of course save and it may take it a while before it actually disables it.
And still worth doing. It appears those affected by the VM tripping and asking for the caller's PW, seem to have found relief when those tones (which are not necessary in anyway for normal operation) were disabled. We hope this could be better resolved by recreating those tones with different sonic-characteristics. But again, it's no great loss for stopping the tones now and then to see how the success rate improves...or not.
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>

wcgenzer

Post by wcgenzer » Mon May 11, 2009 9:22 am

I had the same problem - calling a cell number would result in a voice asking for a PIN number, if nobody answered. I disabled the connection tone through the lounge, and now I'm able to leave voicemail messsages when calling cell numbers, when calling from my ooma line... weird.

Actually, I think I prefer not having the connection tone, anyway. ;)