New VM email notification not working anymore

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
southsound
Re: New VM email notification not working anymore

Post by southsound » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:39 pm

mnappi0606 wrote:Oh, what a fool I am!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid!! I wish I could go back in time...PSYCHE

Ps: premier customers should not even be commenting on this thread since you are unaffected by this issue!
Well, since I do not have any major performance issues with my service which is now over two years old, I guess I shouldn't be commenting at all by your way of thinking. But, like lbmofo and many others who have great service and just like helping others, I try to help when possible. Obviously, it would seem that a problem with email notification is the least of your issues. Please forgive my well-meant intrusion into your world of problems. Have a great day. :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

mnappi0606

Post by mnappi0606 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:24 pm

My bigger problem is that I don't appreciate it when snobby Ooma fanboys chime in about topics they know nothing about.

Or am I supposed to thank you and your little buddy for telling everybody in this forum that our complaint isn't justified. Why thank you kind sir! You are so kind and wonderful and helpful.

FAIL!

Back to the matter at hand...Ooma needs to make this right for customers adversely affected by this "non-change".

EA PA

Post by EA PA » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:33 pm

mnappi0606 wrote:My bigger problem is that I don't appreciate it when snobby Ooma fanboys chime in about topics they know nothing about.

Or am I supposed to thank you and your little buddy for telling everybody in this forum that our complaint isn't justified. Why thank you kind sir! You are so kind and wonderful and helpful.

FAIL!

Back to the matter at hand...Ooma needs to make this right for customers adversely affected by this "non-change".
As a casual observer and a customer with some issues myself I can understand your frustration. However, that said, you are in here bashing people that can't fix your issues. If you have technical issues with the features you feel are included in your package, then you should call OOMA for resolution. If they cannot resolve your issues to your satisfaction, there are other alternatives.
Customer Since: 12/2010
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:47 pm

mnappi0606 wrote:My bigger problem is that I don't appreciate it when snobby Ooma fanboys chime in about topics they know nothing about.
Actually, I know for a fact that lbmofo is not an ooma employee. My comment was just this, "Sorry that you are disappointed in what you feel is happening - but regardless, lbmofo is NOT an ooma employee." I believe that I was very polite (as opposed to snobby) and direct. And you say fanboy like it's a bad thing? So I guess that a person who was a fanboy of a winning sports team is also a bozo? Strange attitude.

Or am I supposed to thank you and your little buddy for telling everybody in this forum that our complaint isn't justified.
Again, check the thread. I never said your complain wasn't valid or justified. I only said I was sorry you were disappointed in what you felt was happening and that lbmofo is not an ooma employee.

Why thank you kind sir! You are so kind and wonderful and helpful.
Many customers have found me to be just that. Your comment was that I shouldn't comment on threads that don't affect me. Well, since my service is working pretty well, does that mean I can't help others who are having real issues? Maybe in your mind but again, many appreciate my help in their situations.

FAIL!
Ahhh. This makes a lot of sense. You of course realize that if ooma fails you will be the proud owner of a nice paperweight with buttons? I hope they succeed so that many who have made a substantial investment are able to realize a savings. I guess we just have differing points of view.

ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

oomaco

Post by oomaco » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:39 am

I know not everyone has an iphone or iPad, but I am having great success with "message dashboard" in the apple store. For a one-time fee of $12 I get immediate motivation and ability to listen to it on the device. I can also email the message to anyone. Fills the missing gap for me. Don't know about android users.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:15 am

mnappi0606, do you know worksong well? You guys could be twins! :?
mnappi0606 wrote:To be clear, with an OOMA TELO BASIC SERVICE PLAN, they always advertized voicemail notification for FREE. The notification would not include a sound clip of the actual voicemail, but they would notify you of the fact that you received one. If you upgraded to PREMIER, they would then offer an attached sound clip including your voicemail message. So, that was the perk of going to premier service.
Please, please, show us. Show us the light! We yearn for the truth.
Please take a look at this post first though: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10941#p76474 .....and lead us back to the right path.

FAIL!

Again, please show us the way. BTW, your disciple (me) would like to be treated with a tiny little bit more respect (only if possible....and only if it won't inconvenience you too much....please, please, with sugar on top) :)

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:03 pm

mnappi0606 and/or worksong,

Please forgive me for clarifying one more thing; I do appreciate your patience.

As I pointed out earlier, in the Ooma Core ads, you can see "Voicemail notifications to your email and mobile phone."

This video ad for the Core also says it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYHvI_SRZvI

If you would be kind enough to present some kind of literature/media that indicates the same for the Telo, that would be great.

FYI, maybe because of my incompetence, I can't find it on the Costco Hub brochure (before they started selling the Telo).

Hub-brochure-1of2.jpg
Hub-brochure-1of2.jpg (139.36KiB)Viewed 6503 times
Hub-brochure-2of2.jpg
Hub-brochure-2of2.jpg (179.03KiB)Viewed 6503 times
[/size]
Please enlighten us much like this great man did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk

murphy

Post by murphy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:08 am

It only applies to the "core". The "core" had a hub and a scout in the same box.

The hub from Costco did not include a scout. It is not a "core" and doesn't qualify.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

huynhl

Post by huynhl » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:58 pm

According to this web page

https://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/91

Voice mail notification is a (basic or core) feature, not a premier feature, it stops working for me recently, I am a basic user and it was working before

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:16 pm

huynhl wrote:According to this web page

https://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/91

Voice mail notification is a (basic or core) feature, not a premier feature, it stops working for me recently, I am a basic user and it was working before
huynhl, you get Core base service/free service only if you originally activated with Core hardware. Otherwise, you get Basic base service/free service.

Feature Comparison between Ooma Premier and Basic:
http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/90

Feature Comparison between Ooma Premier and Core:
http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/91

In this post, you'll see Ooma Core hardware:
Ooma Hub vs. Ooma Telo: viewtopic.php?t=9245#p64442