Bluetooth adaptor won't call directly

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
thunderbird
Re: Bluetooth adaptor won't call directly

Post by thunderbird » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:02 pm

AzJazz:
Thanks for working through this problem and sharing the fix in the Ooma Forum. :)

AzJazz

Re: Bluetooth adaptor won't call directly

Post by AzJazz » Wed May 23, 2012 11:47 am

Hi, guys!

I have an update to the process I described in my earlier posting. Two problems with the earlier method was:
  • Both lines were active after the connection, which required putting the handset on "Mute" to prevent echoing.
  • Hanging up the handset would also hang up the Bluetooth headset
After a little experimenting, I came up with this (hopefully) improved process:
  1. From your regular telephone handset: Dial the number you want to reach. Press all the access codes you need to enter before going on to the next steps.
  2. From the Telo Base Station: Press the "2" button.
    Note: You will hear a dial tone in your telephone handset.
  3. From your regular telephone handset: Press *05.
    Note: Your BT headset will ring.
  4. From your BT Headset: Answer the BT headset.
    Note: This will connect your BT Headset to Telo Line 2
  5. From the Telo Base Station: Press the "1" and "2" buttons simultaneously. (CAUTION: If you have not answered the BT headset before doing this step, I have seen this reset my Telo Base Station!) :o
    Note: This will transfer the call to the BT headset on Telo Line 1, and Telo Line 2 on the telephone handset will have a new dial tone.
  6. Hang up the telephone handset, and continue your conversation on your BT headset.
Hopefully, this will work even better for you. Note that if you need to enter DTMF buttons after transferring to your BT headset, this method probably will not work for you. I have not had any success reconnecting the second line to the call afterwards.

Cheers,

AzJazz