Second incoming call

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
chiefjim
Second incoming call

Post by chiefjim » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:45 pm

Log this under things I didn't find here yet.

Let's say I'm on an active call when another call comes in. Can I pick it up? I heard the tone and determined it would likely go to the voicemail which it did. As I was not near the hub, no scout in operation, I didn't have the option to try pressing line 2. If it were even flashing, couldn't see it.

Specific to this is my only line is from Ooma. Previous landline was canceled and the circuit disconnected from the service box.

WayneDsr

Re: Second incoming call

Post by WayneDsr » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Hit the "flash" button to hold line one and answer line 2. Just as a landline would work.

Wayne

chiefjim

Post by chiefjim » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Could I then also merge them into a three-way conference call?

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:58 pm

I don't think you can merge them into a conference call with your phone, just the Scout/Hub.

Wayne

gregg098

Post by gregg098 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:40 pm

You can join the calls into a 3-way call, but you have to do it from the ooma hub. You cant use your flash button. To do this, with both lines active, on the hub, push the 1 and 2 at the same time. Youll hear a beep and both lines are connected.

I have sent a suggestion to allow 3-way calls via the flash button like a normal phone line and I suggest you do the same so that they implement this feature in the future.