the number you have dialed is unallocated - No Incoming Call

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
AppleTree
the number you have dialed is unallocated - No Incoming Call

Post by AppleTree » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:03 am

Date: 20 April 2011

Dear Ooma Support,

We are not receiving any incoming calls again. Callers get this message when they dial our Ooma number - "the number you have dialed is unallocated". We can make outgoing calls on the number though.

This is the second time in a month this has been an issue. My area code is 540.

Last time, no one responded to my support requests, can someone please respond this time :?:

I called Ooma support today but the message states you are not open till 9AM Pacific standard time.

See my previous thread on the issue here from 23 March 2011 : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11179&start=0

AppleTree

Re: the number you have dialed is unallocated - No Incoming Call

Post by AppleTree » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:08 am

Sent an email request for support - ticket number 110420-000030

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:21 am

AppleTree wrote:Sent an email request for support - ticket number 110420-000030
Ooma Customer Support responds within twenty four hours to an E=mail:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:31 am

Hello,

We apologize for what has happened. We've escalated the issue to our carrier. Support will follow up with you as soon as they hear back from our carrier.

AppleTree

Post by AppleTree » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:04 am

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately, calls are still not working inbound.

Why is this becoming a routine issue? Any ideas? The last time I was told on the phone that phone number databases where not loaded properly into the carriers. As a result, my phone number did not exist.

AppleTree

Post by AppleTree » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:03 pm

20 April 2011 - 4:02 PM here and still no phone inbound phone calls. We can get calls from family members using Ooma but no outside carriers.

mikemcgraw

Post by mikemcgraw » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm having the same problem with incoming calls. I talked to customer service when they opened this morning, but still not fixed. I had the same problem on March 23rd.

AppleTree

Post by AppleTree » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Well, its now 7:14 PM EST on 20 April 2011 and still no service for incoming calls.

Only Ooma calls make it through, ATT, Verizon, Virgin Moibile, etc get the error message.

The last time I heard from customer support via email on this issue was almost 12 hours ago. Basically a form email.
Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Care.
We really apologize for the inconvenience. A trouble ticket has been opened for furthe checking with our carrier. Please standby and any updates will be provided as soon as they become available.

We suggest that you test the number again within the next 24-48 hours so we may run a trace on the said phone calls and compare them with the samples that were already provided.

If you have further questions or require additional clarification, please write me back and I will respond to you as quickly as possible, usually the same day. Your satisfaction is important to us, and I will make sure we bring this to resolution consistent with your expectations. If it's more convenient, you can also visit our support website https://www.ooma.com/support and check out our wide variety of helpful articles that may answer any additional questions that might come up in the future.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:35 pm

AppleTree wrote:Well, its now 7:14 PM EST on 20 April 2011 and still no service for incoming calls.

Only Ooma calls make it through, ATT, Verizon, Virgin Moibile, etc get the error message.

The last time I heard from customer support via email on this issue was almost 12 hours ago. Basically a form email.
Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Care.
We really apologize for the inconvenience. A trouble ticket has been opened for furthe checking with our carrier. Please standby and any updates will be provided as soon as they become available.

We suggest that you test the number again within the next 24-48 hours so we may run a trace on the said phone calls and compare them with the samples that were already provided.

If you have further questions or require additional clarification, please write me back and I will respond to you as quickly as possible, usually the same day. Your satisfaction is important to us, and I will make sure we bring this to resolution consistent with your expectations. If it's more convenient, you can also visit our support website https://www.ooma.com/support and check out our wide variety of helpful articles that may answer any additional questions that might come up in the future.
Did you provide phone numbers that you are having problems with, date(s) and time(s) of call(s), so that Ooma Support can run a trace on them. The dates must be within only a recent short period of time.

AppleTree

Post by AppleTree » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Did you provide phone numbers that you are having problems with, date(s) and time(s) of call(s), so that Ooma Support can run a trace on them. The dates must be within only a recent short period of time.
'

Yep. I documented that in my email.

It's not my problem per se. It's Ooma's problem.
@ooma_status ooma support
A carrier issue has led to inbound call failures for some customers. We're working the issue, but report any issues to customer service.
26 Feb 10 via TweetDeck

This has happened to many other customers as well if you do a forum search and has some thing to do with phone number databases not being loaded as far as I was told.

Basically, my number and many others in this geographic region were delisted. So when someone calls you, they get an error message that the phone number does not exist.

This is frightening from a public safety issue for families and 911. Luckily, we have a cell phone back up.

And again like last time. No mention of the service issue on http://twitter.com/#!/ooma_status or
viewforum.php?f=10