No Dial Tone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
thunderbird
Re: No Dial Tone

Post by thunderbird » Sun May 29, 2011 4:33 pm

mrtim wrote:I am experiencing this same problem. Began yesterday. No dial tone only lights on the Ooma telo are the "1" and "2". Power off modem, router, and Ooma for 60seconds - several times. Ethernet lights show data coming into Ooma but nothing else lights up. I'm used to the Ooma giving me a fancy light show at powerup but now the line lights come on immediately followed by nothing.

Box seems dead. Any ideas?
If only the Line 1 & 2 blue light come on after removing power from the Ooma Telo, then restoring power to the Ooma Telo, the boot loader is stuck or defective. This is not good news.

Some people have rebooted the Ooma Telo over and over, with nothing plugged into the Ooma Telo except power, and sometimes there is an outside chance that the reboots will jog something, and the Ooma Telo will start again. If the reboot gets to the top row of light flashing, re-plug the network cable back into the Internet port. But I think there isn't much chance.

Is your Ooma Telo still in the one year warranty period? If so call and ask for a replacement Ooma Telo:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

mrtim

Post by mrtim » Sun May 29, 2011 5:32 pm

I got it July 31, 2010. I'll call tomorrow.

mrtim

Post by mrtim » Mon May 30, 2011 6:09 am

Looks like Ooma might be closed on Memorial Day. Can that be right?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon May 30, 2011 7:22 am

Customer support is open; maybe higher tier guys in the US maybe taking a day off today.