Fast Busy (Reorder Tone) On Incoming Call - Porting Issue?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
swebb
Fast Busy (Reorder Tone) On Incoming Call - Porting Issue?

Post by swebb » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:05 am

Hi - I get a reorder tone when calling from work to Ooma service at home. This seems to only be happening on the phone from work. My cell dials in and other callers seem to be all coming through. This only happens on my recently (last week) ported number. I have a second Ooma number that doesn't have this issue. Any ideas? Would this be an Ooma issue or an issue with the carrier I ported away from?

My old number was ported from Cox Communications. There are no issues with outgoing calls and I have not heard from anyone else on incoming calls. I'm just concerned that others that I have not heard from may be having issues calling in to me.
Last edited by swebb on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

murphy

Re: Fast Busy (Reorder Tone) On Incoming Call

Post by murphy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:20 am

Is your work phone on the Cox system?
If so, they may not have completed their end of the port correctly.
It sounds like they marked your number as out of service instead of being ported away.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

swebb

Post by swebb » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:40 am

Work number is on Shoretel VOIP service.

It is possible that this is a Cox issue since they mentioned (when I cancelled their service) that they showed the port failing on their end. Ooma said the port succeeded and since it worked through the Telo unit I thought nothing of it.

swebb

Post by swebb » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:53 am

Well Cox said that once the number is ported away they have no control over it. Back to square one.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:01 pm

swebb:
To make sure that your Ooma device is seeing your Ooma profile correctly try the Following:
Power off the Ooma device for fifteen minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

Find out who the phone provider is for your work place. Call that phone provider and tell them that you can't reach a working number (your Ooma home number).

Contact Ooma Customer Suppport and report this problem:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

swebb

Post by swebb » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:45 am

thunderbird wrote:swebb:
To make sure that your Ooma device is seeing your Ooma profile correctly try the Following:
Power off the Ooma device for fifteen minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.
Did the above and also moved the Ooma Telo in front of my router. Made no difference. I'm thinking this is an issue with the porting of my old number since I have a second (Ooma) number that has none of these issues. I checked and the primary number is owned by Choice Communications which is an Ooma providor from what I've read. Sent all this to customer service.

Would appreciate any other suggestions from this forum.

thunderbird

Re: Fast Busy (Reorder Tone) On Incoming Call - Porting Issue?

Post by thunderbird » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:01 pm

swebb:
You indicated that when using the Ooma ported number, you have no problems calling out or when someone is calling in, except only when an inbound call from your work place, is placed to you Ooma ported number?

You have reloaded you profile, without help, so it means that somewhere there is a data base that is misconfigured. Either your ported number was entered incorrectly, or was removed or never entered.

Since you only have a problem with your work number using Shoretel VOIP service, I would guess the problems is there, in their data base. That's where I would start.

swebb

Post by swebb » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:32 pm

I did have an outgoing problem but found out the internal phone book and the number that was dialed both did not have the "1" preceding the area code. I'm going to enable 10 digit dialing. Is there any downside to this? Apparently the only remaining issue is with the one inbound number.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:23 pm

swebb wrote:I did have an outgoing problem but found out the internal phone book and the number that was dialed both did not have the "1" preceding the area code. I'm going to enable 10 digit dialing. Is there any downside to this? Apparently the only remaining issue is with the one inbound number.
Quote Ooma: 10-digit dialing lets you make long-distance calls without dialing the initial 1, just like on your cell phone.

This can introduce a short delay if you dial 7 digits for local calls. Press # after you dial to put the call through immediately.

Most people, including me, use ten digit dialing, without problem.

GoombaLord

Post by GoombaLord » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:24 am

Sorry for ressing an old post, but I just hooked up my ooma the other day and everything seems to be fine except for work. Calling from work results in a reorder tone (fast busy), and we too have a ShoreTel system. I have not yet ported my existing number, just using the one ooma gave me. Has anyone been able to figure out what the problem is with the ShoreTel system?