Fast Busy (Reorder Tone) On Incoming Call - Porting Issue?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
GoombaLord
Re: Fast Busy (Reorder Tone) On Incoming Call - Porting Issue?

Post by GoombaLord » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:39 am

So, guess I should have talked to our phone admin first. It appears that ShoreTel has a setting for local calling prefixes, and if the prefix for your number isn't in it, you get the fast busy. If you're still having problems, hope that helps.

FloppyKing

Post by FloppyKing » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:32 pm

Sorry for digging up an old post, but i'm having this same issue. Fortunately I'm also an admin for our shortel phone server at my work, but unfortunately my local prefix was already in the shoretel list. I tried removing it just to see what it would do and it rang a couple times then came on with an automated voice saying we're sorry you don't need to use a 1 when dialing this number, so i added it back to the shortel local prefix list and now i'm just back to getting the reorder tone (fast busy).
Last edited by FloppyKing on Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FloppyKing

Post by FloppyKing » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:34 pm

i can dial a google voice number that rings my ooma number and that call goes through fine, but when i call directly to my ooma number it doesn't work. Knowing that i can just call home via the google voice number would work fine for me, but my concern is that other people trying to call me may be experiencing the same issue.