Does your phone # stay active when hub isn't connected?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Studly
Does your phone # stay active when hub isn't connected?

Post by Studly » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:29 am

I'm losing high-speed Internet access at a location where I have an Ooma hub setup, and I'd like to keep the hub not connected and just use this Ooma line for incoming calls that go to voice mail. I'd call in from other phones to check my messages.

If your hub isn't connected, how long will your Ooma phone line (with basic service) stay active and working so it can get incoming calls in voicemail? Will if work indefinitely or do I have to connect the hub every now and then to keep my line and phone # active in Ooma's system?

lbmofo

Re: Does your phone # stay active when hub isn't connected?

Post by lbmofo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:48 am

I'd make sure to get your Ooma online at least once every 6 months.

https://www.ooma.com/legal/terms-and-conditions

"If, for whatever reason, you cease to use the Equipment for six months, we reserve the right to reassign your phone number to someone else's equipment. In the event you wish to re-activate your Equipment, we will re-issue you a new phone number, and you may incur re-activation charges."

BTW, if your number is ported into Ooma, Ooma at that point can decide to initiate a number snapback (to the original carrier that owned it).