Voicemail 2.0 - Poor Rollout

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Technologist
Voicemail 2.0 - Poor Rollout

Post by Technologist » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:09 am

I logged in today to add a number to the blacklist. I rarely log in, as I can do most everything I need from my HUB.

Imagine my suprise when I see an announcement of Voicemail 2.0. And the announcement is quite old...

Why doesn't Ooma leave a VOICEMAIL to all subscribers when they have important info to announce?

I mean, now I have less than a month to review and download hundreds of messages, before I am FORCED to lose them forever. (*I need to keep messages for archival purposes).

Has Ooma provided a BULK dowload tool? Because otherwise I need to download them 1 at a time (if I select more than 1, it only downloads the one that I use the dropdown to select download.... others are ignored)

Maybe Ooma would reconsider ARCHIVING then deleting all the old messages. Maybe they will reconsider allowing us to retrieve OUR archived voicemails from our hardware, rather than having to log in...

Seriously disappointed with the lack of planning / notification regarding this implementation... :cry:

artie777

Re: Voicemail 2.0 - Poor Rollout

Post by artie777 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:00 am

Yes, communication should be automatic - especially from a communications company. :D

Technologist

Post by Technologist » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:57 am

Wow... 48 hours, and only 1 comment (and nothing from Ooma).

Is this really not that big of a deal to everyone?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:08 pm

To me, the planning & notification method for the VM migration is/has been appropriate. But that might be just me.

When I noticed the plan for the VM migration, I posted a thread here: viewtopic.php?t=12841

Basically, Ooma is giving folks option to upgrade on their own beginning mid Nov. Come early Jan, all remaining VM would be migrated. I suppose Ooma would notify (via email or some other method) those default migrated accounts then? Not sure.

At the least, Ooma is giving almost a month (beginning Jan to Jan 31) for folks to react; download VMs as mp3 if desired.

With most other service providers, you don't even get the option to save your VM (deleted automatically within 30 days) so Ooma is giving us far more than the norm anyway.

hynt20

Post by hynt20 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:52 pm

It wouldn't be so bad if they directions and the actual migration really followed what OOMA said it would do...

namely: Any names or personal greetings you have recorded will automatically be transferred to the new voicemail system.

this didn't happen for me - not to mention the issues with timestamps etc.

Anyone else getting the feeling we are getting the "NETFLIX" treatment ????

yes I am annoyed.

Quicksprj

Post by Quicksprj » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Not sure if it is a coincidence but got email advising vm upgrade. Attempted to upgrade but presented with blank screen after clicking on link. Got home later and telco doesn't work. It actually causes my router to stop working. I unplug the telo get the router working again so it has a green light on Internet. Go to plug in tell and nothing. Red blinking Oma symbol and 1 2 blue and lights on top blue. Tried another link found in forum or vm upgrade but when I select it it gives me a blank screen. Don't know whether it upgraded or not and still can't get tell to boot up and work.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:39 pm

See View Topic: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26

Quicksprj

Post by Quicksprj » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Thunderbird, I haven't had a chance to workon it. THANK YOU very much I will try your suggestion when I get home.

Quicksprj

Post by Quicksprj » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:10 pm

I continue to have problems with my internet/ooma. I have a dsl/router combo and my ooma telo is attached to that via ethernet port to the 'to internet" port on the telo. My internet keeps going out and the only way I can get it back is to unplug the telo and after several reboots of my router it finally works again. Hook up the telo and after a short time the internet light on the router is off again. I attempted to go to setup.ooma and the ip address given by thunderbird but both resul in a blank screen. I dont know what to do. Should I go buy a new router/modem? I checked my telo handset and it says I am on version 51752. I hooked up my computer to the home network port of the telo and cant seenm to connect with the telo to determine what is going on. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:26 pm

Quicksprj wrote:I continue to have problems with my internet/ooma. I have a dsl/router combo and my ooma telo is attached to that via ethernet port to the 'to internet" port on the telo. My internet keeps going out and the only way I can get it back is to unplug the telo and after several reboots of my router it finally works again. Hook up the telo and after a short time the internet light on the router is off again. I attempted to go to setup.ooma and the ip address given by thunderbird but both resul in a blank screen. I dont know what to do. Should I go buy a new router/modem? I checked my telo handset and it says I am on version 51752. I hooked up my computer to the home network port of the telo and cant seenm to connect with the telo to determine what is going on. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.
Check your Internet and Modem:
Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side of the Phonepower page, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this Ooma Forum post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: ________________
Upload Speed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________

If you do the Java fix in your computer, instructions located at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12085. Then you can click on the Speedtest Phonepower Advanced tab, then "view test" at the bottom. Instead of filling in the blanks above, you can select CTRL+A to highlight, CTRL+C to copy; CTRL+V for paste into the Ooma Forum.