My greeting and name were wiped after upgrade to VM 2.0

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Bobby B
Ooma Moderator
Re: My greeting and name were wiped after upgrade to VM 2.0

Post by Bobby B » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:07 am

In the course of troubleshooting voicemail issues yesterday, we did discover a possible reason why certain accounts didn't copy over the greetings properly. We're checking if there's a way we can restore the old greetings for affected users on request.

I'm not sure if this would be useful - but I can send you a copy of your old greeting as an audio file while we work on a fix. Please send me an email with your request.
hynt20 wrote:Not sure I understand the updates from OOMA - we are being asked to go to a link that provides a status update - yet it does not address the loss of VMAIL greetings - when will this be resolved?
Bobby B

pianoman

Post by pianoman » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Add me to the list of users whose voicemail greeting was wiped out after following the upgrade instructions.

Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:44 pm

After the upgrade was totally complete, my messages and greetings and settings all came back without me having done anything. Weird.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:04 am

Lord Vader wrote:After the upgrade was totally complete, my messages and greetings and settings all came back without me having done anything. Weird.
That's the way it was supposed to work.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Moose

Password change before automatic change in Jan 2012

Post by Moose » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:17 am

I went to the website but had to request a new password to get in. Does meet your password change requirement?
I hope so because I could not find a way to change my password otherwise.
Your website is not entirely user friendly. And there not an easy way to post here either.
And lastly, some advice. Be careful of increasing fees and taxes or Ooma will find itself losing customers. You do have competition and you are going to be very close to other providers in November 2012.

Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:46 am

murphy wrote:
Lord Vader wrote:After the upgrade was totally complete, my messages and greetings and settings all came back without me having done anything. Weird.
That's the way it was supposed to work.
Not entirely. My messages and outgoing message as well as my password were gone for a couple days. There was no reason for that to have occurred. THAT is not typical of an upgrade for any electronic device.